Wednesday, March 31, 2010

13 days to go!!!!

Less than 2 weeks to go for transplant.  We went to the doctor today, well actually 3 doctors today.  Saw Brayden's kidney doctor and she is so impressed at how good he is doing.  Saw the urologist that fixed his bladder and he is very pleased with how well he is doing.  You know, Me and Mom were talking today and we said that these past few weeks havent been as horrible as we thought they would be.  I expected dialysis to be a pain and for him to be sicker than ever but he has been AWESOME.  Besides the normal puking business that he does, things have actually been easier.  I dont have to worry about him being under hydrated and throwing all of his labs out of wack, I dont have to try to get as many calories down him as I can, since he can only have a certain number of ounces a day, I dont have to change as many diapers as we did before since he doesnt pee.  What HAS changed is that we have to put a catheter into his bladder and wash it out with saline 3 times a day, we have to do dialysis every day instead of 6 days a week and his BUN and creatinine are higher than they have ever been, but that is to be expected since he has NO kidneys now!


13 days from now, life as we know it is going to change drasticly....FOR THE GOOD!!!!!!!




Im not nervous YET, gimme the weekend before and I will be a nervous wreck...Not about my surgery but about after his surgery.



More later. 

1 comment:

  1. Jenny, I am so excited to hear that it is less than 13 days! Today Logan is 7 months out! Don't be nervous, All will be well! Brayden is going to come through this surgery more full of life than you ever thought possible. He will have more energy than 10 kids put together! And when people who don't know him come up and comment on how much energy he has and how full of life he is, you will smile and know that you gave him the gift of life! Happy Easter!

    At our church, Logey will run around and be loud and talk during church and afterwards everyone will come up to me and thank me for bringing him. When I apologize for his loud behavior, they all shush me and say he is healthy and full of life. Kidneys are amazing!

    ReplyDelete