Sunday, April 18, 2010

Its the little things..

I have always been a details person but have never really noticed that it is the little things that get me thru the day. 
Until today..........I realized today how much I missed being a Mommy to my lil boy.  This morning we turned him over onto his belly to help his lungs expand and hopefully drain out some of the gunk.  When we turned him over, his lil naked back and butt were laying there ready for me to rub out the wrinkles and rub lotion on.  If felt so good to just touch my son's skin.  His nurse suggested the lotion and it was a really good idea.  I know that it made me feel better and it probably made him feel better too.  I cut his really long fingernails too, which had been buggin me. 

His xray doesnt look any better but I think his lungs are starting to open up and some of the gunk is starting to move around.  This morning his sats dropped and they sucked out a whole bunch of stuff.  Obviously the phazyime, CPT and turning has help alot.  Im sure that we will have some sat drops before it all overwith, the gunk has to get moving around before it can come out.  His dopamine is down to 2mcg and will be off before the day is over.  His FIO2 was up to 100 again but Im confident that they can wean him back to 40% like he was last night.  His urine output has been great since the diamox and most of the swelling in his face and body is gone.  That should help his lungs alot.  Potassium is just a lil low with all the urine output but Dr Malagon changed TPN orders so that should correct itself. 

I stood up for a lil over an hour today so Im gonna rest for a while.  Im trying to get the transplant resident to come see me when he comes to see buddy so he can give me the goahead to take these steristrips off that are blistering me.  Im trying to be a good patient. 

I have learned that hour by hour, day by day things change so we will see what happens.

1 comment:

  1. Keep on keepin' on, Jenny. We're pulling for you and Buddy.

    Go Buddy's Pee-Maker Go!!!

    James, RN

    ReplyDelete